An app for day-to-day pet owners, with key features which will help them make sure their pets are healthy and safe.PDF Case Study
• Partner with pet stores and use them to sell there products through our app.
• Generate monthly or yearly income through our tracking feature.
• Have users create accounts.
• Have 4 free key features on the app.
• Have 1 premium subscription feature on the app.
Create a unique mobile experience by including all of the necessary tools and service features a pet owner needs.
Consider new features that will align with the business goals and appeal to current and new users.
1) Did you know that 1 in 3 pets will get lost or stolen during their lifetime?
That’s about 10 million dogs and cats a year.
2) Do you also know that over 60% of cats and 56% of dogs in the United States are either overweight or obese.
3) Dogs and Cats with separation anxiety will get nervous and destructive when their owners are away.
I decided to design and build an app for day-to-day pet owners, with key features which will help them make sure their pets are healthy and safe.
Find local Veterinarians, Dog Parks, Pet Stores, Groomers, Dog Walkers, Dog Trainers and Pet Hotels in your area.
The ability to manage important events like annual check-ups, shots. etc.
Monitor your pets healthy activity such as Body Temperature, Weight, Heart Rate, Calories Burned, Resting Time, Daily Steps, Water and Food Consumption.
Live Camera Feed
One of the hardest things for pet owners is to leave their fur babies at home alone. It’s a top priority to ensure your pet is safe (and not getting into trouble) while you’re gone. Our live camera offers Two-way communication, send motion and noise alerts to your phone, capture footage while your gone and dispense pet treats
Pet Geo Tracking
Our GPS trackers let you see your pet’s location by using an app, which alerts you whenever he’s gone beyond the preset boundaries.
|Households that own at least one dog||60.2 Million (48.5%)|
|Estimated number of pet dogs||89.7 Million|
|Average number of pet dogs per household||1.49|
|Dog-owning households with small dogs||50%|
|Dog-owning households with medium dogs||28%|
|Dog-owning households with large dogs||35%|
|Percentage of owned dogs who are spayed or neutered||85%|
|Households that own at least one cat||47.1 Million (38%)|
|Estimated number of pet cats||94.2 Million|
|Average number of pet cats per household||2.0|
|Percentage of owned dogs who are spayed or neutered||93%|
According to recent findings by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention (APOP), more than 45 percent of dogs and 58 percent of cats can be classified as overweight or obese.
Approximate Daily Calorix Needs For Average Indoor Pets
|10 lbs.||200 to 275 calories|
|20 lbs.||325 to 400 calories|
|50 lbs.||700 to 900 calories|
|70 lbs.||900 to 1050 calories|
|90 lbs.||1100 to 1350 calories|
|10 lbs||180 to 200 calories|
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Mike is a Pharmacists for a hospital. He is also a first time pet owner and worries alot about his dog’s daily activity when he is not home.
• To see what his dog is doing when he is not home.
• To find a personal dog trainer to train his dog because he is a first time pet owner.
• The ability to feed and monitor his pets daily food and water consumption.
• Woring about his pet safety when he is not home.
• Using a web search to properly find a dog trainer to meet his needs.
• Not being able to feed his dog on time when he is running late at work.
Location: Pasadena, CA
Galine is a full time Architect student at Cal Poly Pomona. She is also a first time pet owner and worries alot about her cat’s daily activity when she is not home.
• Locate her cat in the event he escapes from the house.
• To find a pet sitter when she travels for summer vacation.
• The ability to manage important events like annual check-ups, shots. etc.
• Woring about her cat in the event he escapes the house, since he is an indoor cat.
• Using a web search to properly find a cat sitter to meet herneeds.
• Not being able remember important dates.
We encourage you to become familiar with the correct uses of the primary logo. The integrity of the logo must be respected at all times. Don’t change the color, add a dropshawdow, strech, condense or change the aspect in any way. Any modification of the logo confuses its meaning and diminishes its impact.